3.3 V Fix Mod for STorM32 v1.31 Boards
The STorM32 v1.31 boards, which are distinguished by their on-board switching regulator, unfortunately provide a very weak 3.3 V power supply, which makes it problematic to use NT modules. Therefore, usually extra BECs need to be used with these boards.
Rcgroups users ckambiselis and fs008 have suggested relatively simple mods to fix that issue.
It consists of two steps:
(1) Cutting the PCB trace to the 3.3 V pin of port I2C#1.
(2) Soldering a wire from the 5 V output of the on-boards switching regulator to this pin.
Comment: Do not forget to cut the PCB trace leading to the 3.3 V pin on I2C port!
For the original post see [here].
It consists of three steps:
(1) Removal (desoldering) of the 3.3 V LDO regulator from board.
(2) Soldering of a stronger 3.3 V LDO regulator to the bottom of the board.
(3) Soldering of two wires to establish the connections.